Let's Talk Blogging || Is There Room For New Bloggers?

It's time to talk about the blogging world! In the past week I've seen a lot of negativity towards the blogging world from "bloggers" themselves which has been brought to the forefront by Sarah Ashcroft's Cosmopolitan interview. Now this isn't a personal attack on Sarah; I don't know her & I can only see what she decides to share with her followers. However I think the interview has left a lot of people feeling disheartened & angry which I think needs to be discussed. 

Am I still considered a new blogger? I have no idea, I don't feel like I'm new but I'm not a well known blogger by far. I have a lovely bunch of readers & I'm slowly growing that reach. On the other hand I'm still trying to find my "niche" & work out what part of blogging makes me happy. I've leaned towards lifestyle blogging which gives me freedom to express myself & I do think there's room for me. I think there's room for everyone!! There's tonnes of bloggers in this world & each part of blogging is saturated but that doesn't mean people should stop doing what they love. Not everyone needs money & gift packages to motivate them. I can't guarantee that blogging will be easy & you'll be seen by the wider audience but you can grow your readership in time. 

Blogging shouldn't be just about numbers or the amount you can charge per post. If you have an interest in writing & you want to share that online go for it!! Don't let one person make you feel insignificant. I think nowadays there's a difference between an "influencer" & a "blogger" you can be one without the other or you can be both. That's the problem isn't it? A "blogger" turned "influencer" is judging bloggers without really being in that world anymore. Yes blogging has changed a hell of a lot & yes there may be those people out there just for fame but there's also a lot of us just doing it for us.
There was a lot wrong with that article but that's the media for you; I can't assume it's all quote for quote & I can't assume it's been manipulated either. All I can do is take it with a pinch of salt & hope Sarah sees that she has upset a lot of people & reflects on her words. I follow Sarah & this hasn't made me unfollow; I like her style & to be honest it's quite nice to see vlogs of beautiful places. I don't follow her thinking her life is attainable (it would be lovely to get a free trip to Jamaica though!!). People make mistakes & hopefully grow from them.

I hope that her words haven't put you off blogging or made you feel disheartened because there's a place for everyone in this world. Keep doing what you are doing & as long as you enjoy it who cares what anyone else thinks.
(All photos taken at Melincourt Falls)
Shelley xx


2 comments :

  1. I like to stay positive and think that there's always room for more people in any industry, but especially the creative industries and things like blogging. To me it's like saying that there is no more room for any artists or musicians...um now, there's plenty of room if you have a unique approach and definitive voice!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly how I think, you can't have a creative industry without new faces. It would just die off!!!

      Delete