Beauty Haul


After not posting hauls for quite a while; I seem to be letting loose on you poor souls. However we all love a bit of beauty so why not share the new additions I've gathered these past months!! I've actually stuck to my wishlist wants for once & purchased a few bits. There's more to go (as always) but here's what I've collected so far.

Jeffree Star
To kick off I purchased two of Jeffree Star's holiday collection (Sagittarius & pumpkin pie) & then my other half gifted me the third (deceased). I adore the colours which of course include two nudes with purple undertones (I have too many already!!) but I also love the new bottle design. It's much more secure & tidier. If you have some of his previous collection you'll notice the difference that's for sure. I was also gifted the highlighter by my partner which is divine. It is really good value for money & the shades on offer are all so beautiful. It does create a strong highlight which I adore but may be too much for those looking for a subtle look. 

Real Techniques
I was gifted my brush sets from the in-laws which have been very handy. I desperately need to wash my current collection & start afresh. I have incorporated quite a few of the new brushes into my current routine & they are great for blending. I really the eye brushes & would recommend them to everyone. 

Pillow Plump
I recently picked up the pillow plump gloss which I do use from time to time. It does what it says & I have seen a difference in plumpness. There is quite a bit of tingling so be warned but it can be quite sticky so isn't great alongside matte products. 

Double-base
I finally replenished my miracle cream double-base which I use as a primer but also for a wide range of skincare & on my tattoos. It's so affordable so definitely give it a try! You can find it in your local Boots or Superdrug. 

Kat Von D
Lastly I finally got my hands on some Kat Von D products which I am loving right now. I find the liner to be really easy to use & remove, plus the foundation matches my skin perfectly. I'm going to do a seperate review once I've worn in the products so keep an eye out if you're interested.

I've got a super busy week ahead of me but hopefully some good news to follow. I'll have another post up on Saturday & share my good news with you next week! If you had any beauty recommendations you think I'd like me please leave them in the comments so I can go have a peak.

It's five to eight, I've got a cuppa & a doughnut in hand & I'm feeling positive. No I'm not having a psychotic break; I promise!! I'm just actually feeling in a really good place for the first time in a while. As you probably noticed (if they is any of you left) I've had a bit of a change around, not much but I wanted to sort out my blog once & for all so I could get back to blogging. My blogs not very different but I've sorted out a new name & URL.

For ages I've been so unreliable; I haven't had time to shoot or write & any time I had I didn't really put aside to focus on it. I decided to change to ByBusby because it makes more sense. I've got multiple accounts that are "by Busby" so I felt it kind of fitted for my blog. I'm not the most creative person, plus I've been lacking in my fashion & beauty posts so it didn't make sense to have my previous URL. I've not really had the funds to be shopping constantly & to be quite honest I haven't enjoyed shopping in a while so the fashion was definitely lacking. I'm also on the hunt for a new camera so if you have any suggestions please comment below; I'm not looking for anything really fancy but something handy that can produce good blog photos!! Hopefully I'll have a new one by February.

This brings me onto the new positive outlook I'm experiencing... Don't worry this isn't a new year, new me post. I'm not going to put myself through the whole you need to sort your life out this year mode. It didn't do me well this year that's for sure. I've actually sorted myself out a lot more than I've expected; I've made some really difficult decisions and it's turned me into determined mode. Now I'm home & adjusted I've had to get my head together. I'm now working two jobs (hence being awake at an ungodly hour) which means I've got a stable wage. I can finally put money aside to get myself a little nest egg!! I'm in a happy relationship that makes me feel truly comfortable & I have people around me who know my mental health down to a tee. Having all this support is making me focused. 

I can't wait for the new year to approach; I'm working a crazy amount up till then so I can finally start learning to drive (stay clear of Weybridge; it may be dangerous!!). I will learn to drive next year; it 's my main mission. I'm saving up for a new camera & putting money aside towards potentially having a boob job. Hopefully by the end of 2017 I'll be in a better position. I just want to set a few small goals that are achievable for once, if I set my mind to it I'm sure I can sort out a few kinks & have money put aside to move out the following year!! 

I just want to be happy, healthy & enjoy next year. Now I've made a few new steps to getting myself together I can't wait to see what I can do to improve next year!!

Shelley xx




No comments :

Post a Comment