Blogoween || 5 Favourite Things

halloween outfit
Never guess who jumped on the pumpkin picking bandwagon?? Yes that is me but in my defence I love halloween & I think pumpkin picking is a must do activity for this time of year. On another note I didn't realise how close local farms were to my house & now I've got an excuse to go pick my veggies. 

Anyhow shall we get on with the post? Here's my five favourite things about halloween ... 

pumpkin picking

Pumpkins

Can we really talk about halloween without mentioning pumpkins? It's not like this post is a bit overloaded with them; not at all! But I'm a huge fan of seasonal produce as weird as that sounds, I just love when seasons change & it's all about that one thing. Halloween is all about pumpkins being in their prime & even though I don't particularly like eating them, they just make the season fun. From picking to carving them they are a great excuse just to let your inner child run wild. 

Movie marathons

I'm not one to head on a night out over halloween; I feel like I've attempted way too many nights out for them to end badly. It's just way to busy on halloween for you to enjoy your night. I am much more excited to make a few cocktails & have a Tim Burton movie marathon. You can't enjoy halloween without a bit of Burton & his movies just sum up the festivities. If you love Burton I definitely suggest you heading to midnight & lace to see her Burton babes series (here).

halloween pumpkin patch
Halloween outfit

Tattoos

If you didn't notice from my previous post; I love halloween style tattoos. It's that time of year when all the artists I follow seem to get really creative & just draw the most beautiful designs. Obviously it's that time of year when I get a bit more inspired too & I end up getting a few new additions. I definitely enjoy the darker style of tattooing & it's a great time to find a few inspo images for your next pieces.

Decorations

Halloween & Christmas are the times of year when you get to transform your home into something a little more fabulous than it's usual self. I'm definitely one to opt for halloween decor over Christmas & I think it just makes your home look amazing. I love seeing everyones posts on Instagram of their spooky set ups & who doesn't love a good creepy fireplace display?

Make-up

Finally you can't talk about halloween without discussing the amazing make-up that comes about this time of year. People have such talent & you get a chance to see people get creative. From simple designs to full on special effects people just amaze me. I'm not the most talented make-up artist but even I can make a little bit more effect this time of year! 
pumpkin patch
pull and bear tartan trousers
So this is my final post in my blogoween series & I hope you've enjoyed. I haven't been writing too much but I want to keep them short & sweet. I honestly can't believe that October is over & now we're in that mad rush up to Christmas. The thought of organising myself for Christmas is scaring me but I may do a bit of blogmas if I'm feeling inspired. 

Hope you all enjoy your spooky celebrations this evening!!

What I'm wearing
Top: Pull & Bear Jacket: Zara Trousers: Pull & Bear Shoes: Converse 

Shelley xx


No comments :

Post a Comment