Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty Exhibit

Today I'm sharing a little snippet of what I got up to in London last month. This was by far my favourite event we visited and was so worth the early start. If you are a fashion lover I'm sure you've heard of Alexander Mcqueen and adore his work. Until the 2nd of August, the V&A museum are hosting a gallery event featuring his collections. There is so much to see and explore!! If you adore fashion, especially avant-garde designers this is an exhibit you have to see. Don't worry if the tickets are sold out, you can queue on the day to bag yourself one of the two hundred available!!

I haven't got any photos other than those posted online as photography is not allowed in the exhibit!! However the event itself was mesmerising. So many different rooms to explore, featuring different collections of his work. You could see the development of his work while reading all about his influences and inspirations. A few of his pieces really stood out to me!! There was also a room with lots of different items such as head-pieces filling the whole room. During this room you were able to see catwalk footage of his items displayed. The exhibit really had a fashion theme but also felt like an art installation too. I really loved reading about each design as Alexander used lots of animal textures. The collection featured above showed a lot of screen printing and textured shoes. I also loved how dressed up each mannequin was. All were different shaped and wore head- pieces or masks, so they weren't your everyday model

I definitely think this exhibit is worth a visit. I know it's the last month to visit but if you arrive about 9am and start queuing for doors to open I'm sure you can grab a ticket for on the day. I would arrive early as there are only two hundred available each day. Don't forget to treat yourself in the gift shop!! 

(First image found via instagram (#savagebeauty) repeatedly posted)

2 comments :

  1. I would have loved to see Alexander McQueen in the flesh , he was a visionary with a passion for creating fashion that challenged social boundaries . His exhibition is the next best thing and I will definitely try and see the exhibition if I can x http://www.fadedspring.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is amazing. If you get the chance I would definitely try :)

    ReplyDelete