Teal Liner & Red Lips || Beauty

This a first for me but I was rather happy with my Christmas day make-up so I thought why not share it with you guys. Luckily you don't have to put up with an embarrassing video (remember those tumblr days),  so here's a quick post on how I painted my face & what products I used. 

(L-R: Sleek contour palette (light) | Mac Lightscapade | Estee Lauder setting powder (light) | Jeffree star (hoehoehoe) | Benefit gimme brow (medium) | Mac prep & prime | Lancome hypnose | Mac fluidline (siahi) | Jeffree star skin frost (peach goddess) | Urban Decay Alice in wonderland palette
Shades used: Royal flush, Mirror, Dream on

As you can tell my collection is much loved & I need to replace a few palettes. Bring on payday to refresh the products & purchase a few cheeky new additions. Anyhow to start off with I used my prep & prime sample which I do like but it feels like you need a lot of product to fully prime which isn't the most cost effective. I usually use a gel moisturiser (doublebase) which I use for everything; tattoos & all. That product needs such a tiny amount to fully prep the face. 

After I've prepped I sort out my eyes; I'm not completely the best when it comes to make-up but I've got a process which works for me. I use my Mac highlighter under the brow then use the royal flush shade as a base. In this look I've used my teal Mac liner to create a statement wing (rather stressful, I hate using liner brushes!!!) with the 211 liner brush (also Mac). Then I blended in the two other shades across the lid & in the crease, using the darker shade in the outer corner. I also blended a small amount on my lower lase line. Finally adding a touch of mascara. 

Next I complete my base. I use one of the lighter shades of Estee Lauder's double wear which I do love & now I've worked out the best way to use it I'm very happy with but my shade is pretty off. Definitely need to be re-matched once this bottle has finished. I also use their pressed powder which I adore. It's so easy to use & the coverage is great; if I'm not feeling a full face I just use the powder to sort out blemishes. 

Once the base is on I add a slight contour to my cheeks & under my lip to add shadows, then comes the multiple highlighters. I love a good highlighter so I do probably go a teenie bit overboard but I add my lighscapade to my cheeks, nose and cupid's bow & then repeat with my skin frost. I also add a tiny bit of the powder blush in my palette to my cheek. Once all done I brush a touch of gimme brow to my inner corners & pop some lip colour on. 
I never realised how much I wear on my face all at once but once you've got a routine you don't pay attention. My make-up skills are so basic but luckily having a few make-up artists as friends has served me well. I'm just lucky my brows are fine naturally because drawing those on daily would be the death of me!!  

I'm kicking off 2017 feeling determined & positive. I hope you guys are feeling the same & enjoy the new posts I'm writing. Can not wait to shoot some outfits later in the year but I'm rather enjoying my new theme!!! 
Shelley xx




No comments :

Post a Comment