Kat Von D Beauty || Review

I recently posted two hauls featuring my Kat Von D purchases; which I have been testing over the past few months. It's about time I featured them separately & give my honest opinion. I'm no beauty expert  or make-up artist but I do love trying out new products so here goes. 

The products I decided to purchase initially were; lock it foundation, tattoo liner & everlasting lipstick in shade echo which are each quite popular products. I was in need of a new foundation that matched my new skin tone & why not try something new on the market. I also usually use a dark brown liner by benefit but I really like the feel of the pen like liners.I had to of course pick up one of her liquid lipsticks, I'm a huge fan off liquid to matte formulas so I couldn't resist giving hers a whirl too.  
As you can see the foundation does match my skin tone much more on my face then hand thankfully. Its quite a light shade but I'm not the palest & have quite a warm undertone. I adore the foundation; it applies smoothly, you only need a tiny amount (one pump in my case) to cover the whole face & it has full coverage. The amount you get for your money is amazing, with how little I use per application I can see this bottle lasting me months. I'm very glad I got colour matched & tried something new because it works perfectly with my skin.

The liner is also a great purchase, I really like how easy it is to use. I like the style of application it offers & the tips is incredibly thin so you can create fine details. The colour is very solid & it has all day staying power. One of the things I like most is how easy it is to remove, my benefit liner takes forever to rub off which sounds great but raw eyes are not. This wipes off with a swipe of remover which is also good if like me it takes a few alterations during application. It's odd wearing black eyeliner again but it's much easier to use. 

Finally it comes to the liquid lipstick, which is my least favourite. I'm going to give the formula the benefit of the doubt because I purchased a darker, bolder colour initially. I know some of my bolder Jeffree Star shades also are harder to apply so it may be universal thing. You can see from my swatch it applies slightly opaque so it takes a while to build up to the true colour. Once it's applied it does look really good & dries quickly. There's no transfer once dries which is always a plus but after once meal I did lose my bottom lip so the staying power has been proven just yet. I would still purchase another in a nude to see the difference. 
The products are really mobile & take up little room in my make-up bag (maybe not the foundation!!) so they're great for travelling. I would definitely try a few more products next time I pop to London. If you've tried the products please link me to your posts below. Plus if you've got any tips to getting the best use out of my lipstick please let me know in the comments. Tips are always welcome!! 

Shelley xx



No comments :

Post a Comment