2014 Beauty Trends

Considering I'm Busby beauty and fashion my blog is usually outfit orientated. Today I was inspired by newbie blogger Tara-Jay to reflect upon the trends of 2014 I loved and share my predictions for 2015!!


What I love most about make-up is how much is changes from season to season and I got to admit I'm pretty happy with my make-up techniques. It's taken me a good amount of embaresssing teenage years to finally have a style that I'm happy with. I've invested in good products and practised over and over again. These products clearly range in price and it's all about finding what suits you!! Anyhow time for trends!!

2014 beauty trends

*Matte products
From eyes to lips to nails everyone was loving matte finishes. Urban decay released more matte eyeshadows mixed with their regular shimmers giving even more diversity to our natural lids. Nearly every beauty brand brought out matte finish lipsticks or liquid products. Lime Crime really stood out with their collection and grew outstandingly. Now with have Anastasia Beverley Hills releasing their liquid lips collection. Matte lips were everywhere and I love it. It's definitely going to be something I stick with. Of course I had to mention matte nails too. Matte top coats are a must to have in your collection and such diverse designs can be created with this new finish!!

*Contouring
I think 2014 was the year when we all discovered contouring. I can imagine many girls watching youtube videos to teach themselves just like myself. I currently use Sleek's palette which is great value for money. I know this trend is slightly argued against by some make-up artists but we all want great cheekbones!!

*Marc Jacobs perfumes
I don't know if it was just me but I was obsessed with completing my daisy collection. It may have cost a bomb but I couldn't help myself. I can't imagine this trend going anywhere soon.

*Naked palettes
I was first introduced to Urban Decay last year. Every one was posting their palettes on instagram and I'm so glad I purchased one myself. I know their naked palettes have been around for ages but they really seemed to be a focus point last year. They are so beautiful even though they're super bulky.

*They're real collections
Every beauty blogger seemed to test this collection including me. I got to admit I much prefer the mascara to the eyeliner but they are both worth the cost. There's been a hell of a lot of lash boosting mascaras out recently but of course Benefit was at the forefront.

*Primers
I may just be rubbish with make-up but I spent majority of 2014 testing all the new primers out. There seems to be a primer for every product. I have a lip and face primer myself but there's of course eye shadow enhancers and primers. I think we're all grateful we discovered primers last year!!

*Brows galore
2014 was the year of the brows!! Soo many of us had no idea how important brows were till it became a trend. I am blessed with big brows so Cara Delevingne making a name for herself was amazing for me. It's all about natural brows with shaping or filling them in to perfection. We of course have the cheaper alternatives with pencils but Benefit and Anastasia Beverley Hills brought out more expensive palettes. I of course stick to limited filling but I've seen beautiful reviews of the more expensive alternatives. 

As for 2015 I think most of these trends will stick. From what I've seen I think liquid lipsticks will be a big thing and from Lime Crime's venus palette success I'm picturing grunge palettes being the next Naked!!

What trends did you love and what do you predict for this year???

No comments :

Post a Comment